Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Monday 18 September 2017

Life Is Too Short Not To Leave A Solid Legacy Behind


Hi everyone, I know it's been ages since I posted but my life has taken turns even I never quite fathomed. Be that as it may, my heart is always on my blog here. I miss writing, researching, responding to #DearBuki emails, etc. 

I really do miss you all. 😊💝💝



A couple of days ago, I came across a piece of music that moved me to bits. I was driving, upset, very ticked off and super stressed out when this song called "Mercy" came on and for some reason I couldn't explain, it moved me to tears. I was so overwhelmed that I actually began to worship God and pray to Him, because He has been my rock throughout my life and the ups and downs that have come with it. 


The singer's raspy voice, the lyrics of the song, the passion with which he belted out the song and the overwhelming presence of God that I felt cannot be put succinctly into words. Today, I decided to go and search the song out on YouTube because I couldn't get it out of my head. After a short search, I found it and listened to several times. Next thing I knew, I felt the urge to go through the comments and see if there were others who felt deeply touched my the song the way I have been feeling.

Imagine my shock when I read from the comments that the young man who sang the song had passed away last December and was buried earlier this year. 😭😢 I couldn't believe what I was reading so I went to my Twitter timeline to ask and sadly, it was confirmed. Further research revealed that Will Adiks had been murdered by armed robbers/assassins as he got into PortHarcourt, Rivers State late last year. 


33 years old Will Adiks Adikibiayeofori was a song writer, gospel singer/rockstar. He was the first child of his parents and he had 5 siblings. He was shot on the 21st of December last year and lay in a coma for hours before passing away the next day. I haven't read yet that his killers have been caught or brought to justice. 

I had never heard of this young man until today but the legacy he left behind remains. I wondered how such a passionate singer who sang so beautifully and gloriously to the Lord could have been taken away so abruptly and cruelly. I've concluded that perhaps in crying for mercy, he found it in death. They do say the good ones don't last long on earth. 


What sort of legacy will YOU leave behind after you're gone? There is no better time to build a legacy for yourself than right away. Nothing is worth leaving unpleasant memories behind when you die. People will always remember how you make/made them feel, so do right by people ALWAYS. 

I hope where Will is right now, he is making beautiful music over there. Rest in peace young man and thank you so much for the lovely gifts of songs you gave to the rest of us. 🌹🌹🌹🌹


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living