Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Just Say It Loud.





I just read a couple of tweets where one of my followers wrote about how he intended to call his brother to wish him a happy birthday and also tell him how much he loves him and how he inspires him. When he did make the call, he just couldn’t tell him all these so he wished him a happy birthday and dropped a word of advice. 


If you know Twitter well, you’ll know they didn’t let it slide. Someone even asked him how he could share with thousands of strangers but couldn’t tell same to the person that mattered the most, his younger brother. Another tweep went ahead to call the brother and relayed the message and then some, lol. 

It got me thinking about how perhaps being embarrassed, shy, macho, egotistical or even “Nigerian” makes so many people miss out on the finer things and moments in life. Why do we shy away from our own emotions at the expense of those we truly love? Is it really so tough to tell people exactly how we feel, when we feel so or do we shy away from being rejected or laughed at?



Sometimes, the smallest gestures are what the next person needs to get through the day or even to get on in life. A little heartfelt encouragement here and a truthful declaration of how you feel about those you care about goes a long way. I asked a cleaner at work to do something today and when she came back to show me the result achieved, I was on a phone call and so I held the phone to my ear and gave her two thumbs up. Her whole face lit up and she gave me the brightest smile I’d ever seen on her face. I almost cried and I’ve been marveling at her reaction to my thumbs up gesture since then. Incredible stuff, I tell you. 


The sooner we all realize like there’s no better moment than the present because life is just too short, the better for us all. While you can, live, love, forgive, dance, appreciate all those around you and don’t leave till tomorrow, what you can do today. Pick up your phone and make that call or send that text. Open your mouth, eyes and heart and let those you love and care about know how you feel. Sometimes, it's more for them than you. Don't lose your moments. 



Be #AllHeartsAlways especially this season. 💓💖💗💗💛💜💝

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living