Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Sunday 2 October 2016

How An 8 Year Old Inspired Me Today.



I know I haven't blogged properly in weeks and I miss it so so much but you all know why, work work work work work's got me super tied up that I really do not have much time left to do much else.    This morning, I came across a Facebook post which inspired me greatly and has got me thinking about ways to blog better and more frequently. You see, a Facebook friend of mine wrote a post about how her 8 year old daughter has started blogging with the aim of INSPIRING others. 


Yes, you read that right, she's EIGHT years old, she's all about inspiring others and God knows how much we all need inspiration these days given the state of the world, bless her heart. I sought her mother's permission to write about her in this post and also share the link to her blog in order to inspire others too. :) 

If an 8 year old can think deeply enough to want to do such a great feat, what's holding you and I back? Going through her blog posts made me recall how book-smart I was at her age. I would read everything and anything my little hands came across. At her age, I'd read about 10 Shakespeare books, my parents stash of James Hardly Chase, Pacesetters, lots of books from other authors such as Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, etc. My young mind was like a sponge and soaked all, it did. I took up writing briefly then but I don't even have a clue where all those notes are right now (thank God for computers and internet now, hehehehe). Back then, if I had nothing new to read, I'd read cereal cartons, cough medicine packs, etc. I just kept reading and reading as I grew up which also explains why I love the English language so much. Motherhood is the one thing that I can attribute my decline in reading to and of course Lagos life. 


The good thing is that this little girl has inspired me to be better at quite a number of things such as writing, reading, being #AllHeartsAlways, being an inspiration to others and inspiring others, to mention a few. I hope she inspires you to be better too as you head on over to her blog to get some inspiration.


Have a lovely week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living