Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Did You Know You Could Pop A Balloon With An Orange?




When I was a kid, I somehow found out that one could actually use an orange peel to pop a balloon. You cannot imagine the sorts of mischief I got into with this vital information. LOL Hopefully, I can keep this information away from my daughter for a while longer because I can totally see her doing this to her brother. :)

Coming across the video below brought back those memories. You have got to love science sometimes because according to the person who posted this video on Youtube;

 "This is the result of limonene from the orange dissolving or weakening the rubber balloon. Limonene is an essential oil that is present in orange peels in fairly high concentrations (the pure compound smells very strongly of orange). Limonene is a hydrocarbon, and as such is quite flammable and you can even start a fire with an orange, seriously!!"
Enjoy and stay out of mischief. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living