Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Renowned Civil Rights Activist, Poet & Author, Maya Angelou, Passes On.



Maya was a strong role model to millions and she left deep imprints on her paths.  Her vast wisdom was legendary and her incredible sayings will be truly missed. Below are a few of her inspiring sayings (you can add your favorites in the comments box):

        
* My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.


*I do not trust people who don't love themselves and yet tell me, 'I love you.' There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.

 *I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

 *It's one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody.

*Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

*We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.

Rest in peace dear Maya.

5 comments:

  1. My all time fave of Phenomenal Maya is 'Still, I rise.'
    May her resilient soul rest in Peace.

    PS: Sis, you are really doing well with the blog. Keep it coming. best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Hun. I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that one too, short but powerful message. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav is:
    " The most called upon prerequisite of a friend is an accessible ear".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Tdad. Accessible ears are so hard to find these days.

      Delete

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living