Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Tuesday 2 February 2016

#OnMyRadar - News From Benue State




The Benue State Police Command has arrested a 22-year-old nursing mother, Nwuese Ayom, for allegedly stabbing her neighbour, Tererse Ayua, to death in Gboko town, just as another suspect was paraded for killing his neighbour’s 18-year-old daughter.


Nwuese, who was paraded yesterday at the Command headquarters in Makurdi, the state capital, alongside 15 other suspects arrested for various crimes, said she was provoked by the deceased. The single mother, Nwuese, said that the deceased was fond of teasing her over the baby she had about four months ago.

She said: “We were neighbours. I had nothing with him; he used to abuse me since I had my baby, and sometimes he went as far as accusing me of abandoning my baby at night to sleep with other
men.
“He kept doing it and I kept begging him to leave me alone. He refused. A few days ago, while I was sitting outside the house peeling oranges and attending to my baby. He came and started harassing me, threatening to
beat me up that I flirted with another man, while I left my baby crying. I tried to explain that I went to make my hair, but he would not listen to me.
“Our argument led to a fight. He beat me and my baby fell from my hand. It was at that point that I reached for the knife I was peeling the orange with and stabbed him in the stomach. I learned he died before getting to the hospital.”

Also paraded was one Terwas Iorve, who allegedly battered and killed 18 years old Ngohide Aperiker, the daughter of his neighbour at Vase in Ukum Local Government Area of the state.

Recovered from the other 14 armed robbery suspects paraded were five locally-made pistols, one local revolver rifle, three rounds of .9mm ammunition, one round of 5.56mm ammunition, expended shells, cutlasses and cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living