Advertise On Buki's Blog

Advertise On Buki's Blog
Contact: bukiotuyemi@gmail.com

Thursday 16 June 2016

What Will You Leave Behind?




Hello everyone, I trust we are all doing great? I apologise for my absence in the past couple of days, my work schedule has been crazily packed but all is under control. I do try to write at least one post a day but even that is getting more difficult to do. I miss writing but I made a choice to change the course of my career path slightly because I wanted to have tougher challenges and tougher challenges I am getting now so I can't complain, lol. I will ensure I write more and better for you  all and for myself. Please bear with me. :)

I did not get to hear about OJB Jezreel's death until much later in the evening of the 14th of June. OJB was a talented musician, songwriter and producer whose real name was Babatunde Okungbowa. He had had a kidney transplant about three years ago but eventually succumbed to the disease two days ago. Very tragic.

Below is one of his most popular songs which I absolutely love. This song kept me sane during my National Youth Service year and through my sojourn to England. I still have it on my antique iPod and I listen to it every now and then. It's shocking at the number of "celebs" we have lost this year already and it's just June. Sigh. Do your best to leave pleasant memories and stories behind for the world before you pass away for all men will die some day. (Valar Morghulis)



Rest in peace OJB Jezreel. Thank you for making such unforgettable music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are feedback, so please bring them on. :) #Learning #Living